Thanks for your interest! Here's a little bit about me: I enjoy tinkering with computers (hardware and software), playing the guitar, and keeping up with what's going on in science and technology.
B.S. Computer Science
The University of Texas at Austin
Graduated May 2011
July 2012 - Present
June 2011 - June 2012
- Member of the Payments team, providing a single API to interface with half a dozen different payment gateways.
- Build high-availability systems that handle many thousands of requests daily.
- Implemented systems to tokenize sensitive data in a secure and low-latency manner.
- Built the system that hosts and serves the secure, interactive checkout page in the VRBO.com cart flow. The page allows people to enter their payment information.
Software Engineering Intern
- Personally created an entirely new control type for the interface designer in the main product.
- Built a utility for validating database structure against contents.
- Fixed dozens of long-standing bugs in the code base in preparation for the next minor version of the product.
- Used Mercurial in conjunction with seven other developers.
- Wrote an emulator for the current HETDEX telescope dome control server in Python, allowing rapid development of new control system software.
- Investigated different non-relational databases for use in storing nightly logs in an easily searchable manner, and made a recommendation as to which to use (MongoDB).
Austin Stone Community Church
- Designed and implemented a system for broadcasting high definition video over the Internet to multiple client sites.
- Built system using widely available hardware and open source software.
|Operating Systems||Linux, OS X, Windows (command-line experience with all)|
|Version Control||Git, Mercurial, Subversion|
|Miscellaneous||MySQL, SQL Server|
3 Day Startup
- Worked on the team building Cinch, a site for reccommending diet-friendly food combinations to users while tracking their food preferences.
- Worked on a preliminary implementation of the reccommendation engine.