I'm a builder at heart and can't stop making things. I love bringing order to chaos by building robust and maintainable software. I comment like my life depends on it. I've known I wanted to be in software not long after I got my hands on my first computer, and I haven't looked back since!
- Work on the Experiences platform, building fast and intuitive UIs for moderating, processing, and analyzing social media interactions generated by a client's social media audience in their customized visualizations.
- Build, maintain, and document the SDK used internally and externally to create and maintain interactive and WYSIWYG-customizable social media visualizations.
- Member of the Payments team, providing a consistent API around interfacing with many disparate payment gateways.
- Built high-availability systems to stably handle many thousands of requests daily.
- Implemented systems to tokenize sensitive data in a secure and low-latency manner.
- Built the system that hosts and serves the secure, interactive checkout page in the VRBO.com cart flow. The page allows people to enter their payment information.
- Personally created an entirely new control type for the interface designer in the main product.
- Built a utility for validating database structure against contents.
- Fixed dozens of long-standing bugs in the code base in preparation for the next minor version of the product.
- Used Mercurial in conjunction with seven other developers.
- Wrote an emulator for the current HETDEX telescope dome control server in Python, allowing rapid development of new control system software.
- Investigated different non-relational databases for use in storing nightly logs in an easily searchable manner, and made a recommendation as to which to use (MongoDB).
- Designed and implemented a system for broadcasting high definition video over the Internet to multiple client sites.
- Built system using widely available hardware and open source software.
|Operating Systems||Arch/Ubuntu Linux, OS X, Windows (command-line experience with all)|
|Version Control||Git, Mercurial, Subversion|
|Miscellaneous||Rails, Node.js, MySQL, SQL Server|